1) Name - Maggie
2) Age - 20
3) Location - Ohio
4) Actors Vincent D'Onofrio, Tom Hanks
5) Actresses Audrey Hepburn, Drew Barrymore
6) Movies The Goonies, Donnie Darko, The Little Mermaid, Empire Records, Moulin Rouge, The Last Unicorn, The Princess Bride, Guys and Dolls, Ever After, Inventing the Abbotts
I am also a huge fan of schmaltzy romantic comedies where the guy ends up getting the girl and everyone lives happily ever after, except for the bad guys. I love happy endings.
7) Songs Primitive Radio Gods, "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"; Dire Straits, "Romeo and Juliet"; Candlebox, "Far Behind"; Dave Matthews Band, "The Best of What's Around"; Alana Davis, "32 Flavors"; Garth Brooks, "Standing Outside the Fire"; Liz Phair, "Perfect World"
8) Bands New Found Glory, Rockapella, Prozzak, Simon & Garfunkel, Stone Temple Pilots, Jesse Camp & the 8th Street Kidz, Bon Jovi, R.E.M.
9) Artists Michael Jackson, Ben Lee, 2Pac, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Liz Phair
10)Books Leah Stone's Body of a Girl, Lorenzo Carcaterra's Sleepers, the Harry Potter series, Thomas Tryon's The Other, the Princess Diaries series, Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones
Also...I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it now, but I seriously loved Wuthering Heights when I had to read it in high school.
Opinions [elaborate, please]~
5) Abortion I am one hundred percent against abortion. I do not view it as the taking of a life if it is performed early enough in the pregnancy, but I feel it is morally wrong nonetheless, and I myself would never have one. That being said, I am pro-choice. What's right for me isn't right for everybody, and my opinions are just that -- mine. I think that the decision to have an abortion (or not) is an extremely difficult one that shouldn't be made by anyone except the woman making the decision. Who are we to tell women what they can and cannot do, especially to their own bodies?
So, yeah. I, personally, am against it, but I do believe it should be legal.
6) Suicide This is a personal subject for me b/c I was diagnosed with clinical depression when I was in middle school and have had suicidal tendencies for about as long. On one hand, I know taking your own life is selfish and is possibly the worst thing you could do to those close to you. I know that if I killed myself, my loved ones -- my mom and boyfriend especially -- would be inconsolable. Removing myself from their lives in that manner would be one of the worst things I could ever do them. I also view it as taking the "easy way out," like running away from your problems instead of facing them head-on.
Emotionally, though, I'm not as sure. I know that at times the pain and hurt has been overwhelming, and I can't think of any other way to make it stop.
I think people, especially kids, need to treat each other with more compassion. It's a lot easier to soldier on if you know the people around you really care.
7) War "War is bad for children and other living things."
Seriously, though. I was always taught that violence never solves anything. When my brother and I argued, my parents would say, "No hitting. Use your words. Sit down and talk things out like adults." Wouldn't it be wonderful if the adults that run our country and others could sit down and talk things out like adults?
But I also realize that sometimes war is necessary (for example, the American Revolution).
I'm an idealist. I would love for world peace to happen but know that it probably never will.
8) Organised religion I think most, if not all mainstream religions have the same basic tennants. I think it's a great way for people who share common beliefs to come together, and a person's faith can really help them through trying times.
9) What movie/TV/fictional character do you feel you are most like? I feel like I really relate to Mark Ratner in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He's got the "cool" best friend that gets all the girls, including the one he has feelings for, and he's the typical nerdy but really sweet guy.
10) If you could have 2 celebrities for parents, who would they be? I would love to have Ted Wass as my father. He was the dad on Blossom and I think he was one of the best TV dads ever. For my mother, I'd pick Sophia from Golden Girls -- the actual character, not the actress that played her.
11) If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be and why? I would love to be just a couple inches taller. I am 5'3. I haven't grown since I was in eighth grade. I have a hard time in stores if I want something off a higher shelf, unless I can flag someone down to help me. I have heard a zillion and twelve short jokes in my life, and none of them are funny. I have to use a stepstool to grab clean washcloths off the shelf in our bathroom closet. In the bathroom in my mom's office, there's a step and a landing-type thing that's above the rest of the floor, and that's where the toilet is, so my feet dangle when I use the bathroom.
12) If you could ban one singer/artist and one actor/actress from ever working again, who would it be and why? The only "actor" I would ever ban from working again is Carrot Top. He makes me want to gouge my eyes out with dull pencils.
"Let my Cameron go." That's my favorite scene in Ferris Beuller.
|comments: Leave a comment|